What information do we collect? How do we use it?
When you order from store.codehatch.com, we need to know your name, location, and e-mail address. This allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status or important StarForge updates. We will notify you of any major updates or purchase information via your email address. When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address, and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners.
What about "cookies"?
Will CodeHatch Corp. disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
CodeHatch Corp. does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. CodeHatch Corp. may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will not include personally identifying information.
CodeHatch Corp. may release account information when we believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with law, (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements or (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of CodeHatch Corp., our users, or others.
In Summary CodeHatch Corp. is committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect on the site to make shopping at starforge.com as simple as possible and to enhance your overall shopping experience. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
**NOTE**StarForge requires a Steam account and the Steam Client to be open in order to play. Join/Download Steam at - www.steampowered.com
Where Do I Get Your Game To Play?
Only download or stream the game from www.starforge.com, store.codehatch.com, www.steampowered.com or the Steam Client. - Any other sites online may be malicous, contain viruses, or intend to defruad you. We are not responsible for any damages or losses you may incur by playing our game or downloading it from anywhere including our own site. Nor are we responsible for any damages you may incur visiting any of our official portals, forums, and websites.
Rules On StarForge Videos, Screenshots, and Fan Art
You may make as many videos of you or anyone else playing our game, freely distribute them, and may keep any advertising revenue gained through people watching them. We love watching your videos so put them up online anywhere you can! The same goes for screenshots, wallpapers, and fan art reproducing any situations in our game. However, by making any videos, fan art, or screenshots of our game, you give us full rights to do whatever we please with them.
What You Get For Purchasing StarForge?
When you purchase StarForge you do so as is, be it in the early stages of development or already fully released. There is no guarantee that StarForge will not be put up for free or sold for a different cost at any time in the future. There are no refunds for anyone who purchased StarForge. Refunds will only be granted at our request. There is no guarantee that your name will be listed in the founders club, some reasons for this would be if you use or slander someone elses name. Any StarForge purchases have to be made by someone 18 and over. If you are under 18 then you must have your purchased approved and made by a parent or guardian over 18.
After making a StarForge purchase you are soley responsible in making sure that you were able to download and play the game, so please notify CodeHatch Corp. immediately if you believe that a mistake has been made with respect to your StarForge purchase. Codehatch Corp. will investigate your claim, and in doing so, may ask for additional information to verify your claim. CodeHatch Corp. will let you know a solution if your claim is valid, you agree that CodeHatch Corp. has sole discretion in determining if your claim is valid and if your claim is valid what the solution will be.
You agree that price to buy StarForge can change at any time. You also agree that the amount of exclusive items offered in the Founders Club needed may change at anytime and that if you did not purchase the Founders Club you are not entitled to any exclusive perks in it.
We at CodeHatch Corp. cannot guarantee that StarForge will be in development at any time, nor can we say when it will be completed. We also cannot guarantee that it will always remain available for purchase. There is also always a risk of the project ending completely.
Rules On CodeHatch Corp. Games
Please do not distribute StarForge, the game that has been taken from www.starforge.com, store.codehatch.com, www.steampowered.com, or the Steam Client - Do not distribute any version of our game StarForge at all. This includes modified versions of anything we've made. Also, you may not resell content purchased from our store or resell the game StarForge. This is necessary so that we can help stop fraud or damages on peoples computers. We are not liable in any way for any damages you may incur by downloading our game from an un-official source. We respect that everyone is spreading the word about our game and think that it is awesome so long as everyone downloads it at our official source and play the official version without modifications.
Rules On The Game
The Site, the Game, the Software, the executable of StarForge, if any are made available are provided for your individual, non-commercial, entertainment purposes only.
Unsolicited Idea Submissions and Communication
CodeHatch Corp. appreciates your support and feedback on our games, but do not submit and unsolicited suggestions, ideas, or materials. CodeHatch Corp. will not accept or put in the game any of your unsolicited ideas, suggestions or materials. This is to avoid any misunderstandings between us and our fans on any material or ideas that are put into our games. If you insist on sending unsolicited idea's, suggestions or materials, then you agree that you give CodeHatch Corp. from the time of uploading or sending it to us, a worldwide, transferable, sublicenseable, irrevocable, perpetual, and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicaly display, sell, make, have made, offer for sale, import your ideas into our games, including without limitation all copyrights, trademarks, and all other intellectual and proprietary rights in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatesoever, without any compensation to you. You also agree that any claim against CodeHatch Corp. relating to your unsolicated idea, suggestions, or materials, must be given up. You also agree that we own the full rights to anything you say in any of our official communication channels(StarForge's Chat, Forums, Our Websites, Our Social Media Websites) and that we can do whatever we please with it including selling it without having to pay any royalty to you. You also agree that we can moderate any of your information at anytime through any method.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless CodeHatch Corp. from and against any and all damages, lawsuits, losses, claims, liabilities and costs (Including any Attorney fees) that indirectly or directly arise or result from your use or misuse of CodeHatch Corp.'s websites, games, or any violation by you of any of the provisions of this agreement.
In Game Web Browser
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless CodeHatch Corp. from and against any and all damages, lawsuits, losses, claims, liabilities and costs (Including any Attorney fees) that indirectly or directly arise from the use or misuse of the web browser found in StarForge. You agree that we are not responsible in any way for anything that comes as a result of your web browser use in CodeHatch Corp.'s game StarForge. You also agree that it is your responsibility to ensure you are playing the Official download of StarForge found on CodeHatch Corp.'s websites www.starforge.com or store.codehatch.com.
Code Of Conduct
You agree that you will not upload a virus of any sort to any of the users playing our game. You also agree to never use our game for financial gain by scamming or tampering with CodeHatch Corp.'s games. You also agree to treat the StarForge community with respect and will not call them names, harrass or stalk anyone, threaten anyone, or post un-authorized information about anyone. You also agree not to impresonate anyone from CodeHatch Corp. or anyone from our community.
Our Company Culture
We will try our best to never employ any gremlins here. You agree to not hold us resonsible for any damages however if at any time we indeed to choose employ gremlins to help us develop StarForge.
We reserve the right to change this agreement at any time with or without notice, with immediate and/or retroactive effect.
If theres any questions about the legality of something your doing please contact us at the email address below.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE SIGNIFIES THAT YOU AGREE TO THIS TOU AND CONSTITUTES YOUR BINDING ACCEPTANCE OF THIS TOU, INCLUDING ANY MODIFICATIONS THAT CodeHatch MAKES FROM TIME TO TIME.
2. TOU Updates. CodeHatch will revise this TOU as the Site evolves. You must agree to all revisions if you choose to continue using the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the then-current version of this TOU. If at any point you do not agree to any portion of the then-current version of this TOU, you must immediately stop using the Site.
3. Fansites and Use of CodeHatch Content. In this section, the term “CodeHatch Content,” means Game-related images, graphics and artwork and the term “CodeHatch Marks,” means the trademarks, logos, and service marks of CodeHatch and/or our licensors. Unless otherwise specified on the Site, we grant you a personal, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive license to reproduce and display any CodeHatch Content and CodeHatch Marks solely on your fansite or fansite pages dedicated to the Game (“Fansite”) solely for noncommercial purposes, provided that you agree to the following:
3.1. Compliance with All Agreements and Policies. You must be in full compliance with the provisions of this TOU and any usage guidelines or policies that may be provided by CodeHatch from time to time (all of which may be modified from time to time in our sole discretion.
3.2. Fansite Restrictions. As the operator of an independent, unaffiliated web site, you will have sole editorial control of the Fansite, except that you represent and warrant to CodeHatch that the Fansite will not post or transmit: (a) any material that is unlawful, harmful, harassing, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or infringes our or any third party’s intellectual property or other rights; or (b) any content or information that is derogatory or harmful to the reputation of the Game, CodeHatch, our officers and employees and/or any of our licensors and/or suppliers, in any way.
3.3. Notice Requirements. You must retain all trademark, copyright and other proprietary notices contained in or on the CodeHatch Content or CodeHatch Marks. If you post CodeHatch Content on your Fansite, you must also prominently post the following notices on your Fansite on the same web page(s) as any of the CodeHatch Content: “StarForge content and materials are trademarks and copyrights of CodeHatch Corp. or its licensors and used with permission. All rights reserved.” You shall not remove or alter any identifying information or copyright or trademark information conveyed in connection with the CodeHatch Content.
3.4. Reservation of Rights. Your ownership in the Fansite excludes (a) CodeHatch Content, CodeHatch Marks and all goodwill relating thereto, and (b) any derivative works based upon or including CodeHatch Content and/or CodeHatch Marks. The Fansite is not a “Joint Work” as that term is defined under Canadian copyright law (i.e., Title 17, Canadian Code). You shall not challenge CodeHatch’s ownership of CodeHatch Content or CodeHatch Marks, nor use or adopt any trademarks that might be confusingly similar to CodeHatch Marks.
3.5. Restrictions on Use. Except as expressly authorized by this TOU, you may not (a) download, copy or use any of the CodeHatch Content or CodeHatch Marks; (b) distribute, modify, transmit, publicly display and/or otherwise use CodeHatch Content or CodeHatch Marks; (c) rent, lease, reproduce, modify, translate or create derivative works of CodeHatch Content; or (d) create any derivative works (including without limitation fiction or visual art) from, or in any way exploit, any of the characters or content contained in the Game or on the Site, in each case, without the written consent of CodeHatch. CodeHatch does not consent to the protection of any unauthorized derivative work under any copyright law. The creation and sale of merchandise that uses, references or is based upon the Game, CodeHatch Content and/or CodeHatch Marks is expressly prohibited.
3.6. Termination and Limitation of Liability. We may terminate the limited permission to use the CodeHatch Content and CodeHatch Marks pursuant to this Section 3 at any time for any reason. Under no circumstances will we be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages of any kind in connection with this limited permission. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to expressly refuse this limited permission to any particular Fansite, or to revoke this limited permission at any time without any liability to you whatsoever.
4. Intellectual Property.
<---4.1. Trademarks. StarForge and the StarForge logo are trademarks/service marks of CodeHatch. CodeHatch and the CodeHatch logo are trademarks/service marks of CodeHatch. Unauthorized use of any CodeHatch trademark, service mark or logo may be a violation of federal and state trademark laws.
4.2. Copyright. The Site and Game are protected by Canadian and international copyright laws. Except for your use as authorized above, you may not modify, reproduce or distribute the content, design or layout of the Site or Game, or individual sections of the content, design or layout of the Site without CodeHatch’s express prior written permission.
5. Unsolicited Idea Submissions. Neither CodeHatch nor any of its employees and/or contractors accept or consider unsolicited ideas, original creative artwork or other works, including, without limitation, ideas or suggestions for new or improved games or technologies, game or product enhancements, marketing plans or names for new games (collectively “Unsolicited Ideas”). Please do not send your Unsolicited Ideas to CodeHatch or its employees and/or contractors. Our policy is aimed at avoiding potential misunderstandings or disputes when CodeHatch’s products or strategies might seem similar to Unsolicited Ideas that are submitted. If, despite our request that you not send us your Unsolicited Ideas, you still submit your Unsolicited Ideas to us or to any of our employees and/or contractors, then, you hereby grant us and our designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicenseable, assignable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works of, publicly perform, publicly display and license, digitally perform, make, have made, sell, offer for sale and import your Unsolicited Ideas, including, without limitation, all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, industrial rights and all other intellectual and proprietary rights related thereto, in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, including, without limitation, giving the Unsolicited Ideas to others.
6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS FOR YOUR USE, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. CodeHatch MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR VERIFYING ANY INFORMATION BEFORE RELYING ON IT. USE OF THE SITE AND/OR THE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. CodeHatch DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE AT THE TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING; THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SITE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CodeHatch, ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS AND BUSINESS PARTNERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELATED PARTIES”) DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND FURTHER DISCLAIMS ALL LOSSES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE EVEN IF CodeHatch AND/OR RELATED PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, IN NO CASE SHALL THE LIABILITY OF CodeHatch OR ANY OF THE RELATED PARTIES EXCEED THE AMOUNT THAT YOU PAID TO US OR OUR DESIGNEES DURING THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE TIME YOUR CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, the liability of CodeHatch and its affiliates shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold CodeHatch and the Related Parties harmless from any claim, demand, damages or other losses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, asserted by any third-party resulting from or arising out of any breach by you of this TOU or any other policies that CodeHatch may issue for the Site from time to time.
9.1. TOU Revisions. This TOU may only be revised in a writing signed by CodeHatch, or published by CodeHatch on the Site.
9.2. Governing Law; Jurisdiction. This TOU shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta without regard to its conflict of law rules.
9.3. No Partnership. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and CodeHatch as a result of this TOU or your use of the Site.
9.4. Assignment. CodeHatch may assign this TOU, in whole or in part, to any person or entity at any time with or without your consent. You may not assign the TOU without CodeHatch’s prior written consent, and any unauthorized assignment by you shall be null and void.
9.5. Severability. If any part of this TOU is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, then that portion shall be severed, and the remainder of the TOU shall be given full force and effect.
9.6. Attorneys’ Fees. In the event any litigation is brought by either party in connection with this TOU, the prevailing party in such litigation shall be entitled to recover from the other party all the reasonable costs, attorneys’ fees and other expenses incurred by such prevailing party in the litigation.
9.7. No Waiver. Our failure to enforce any provision of this TOU shall in no way be construed to be a present or future waiver of such provision, nor in any way affect the right of any party to enforce each and every such provision thereafter. The express waiver by us of any provision, condition or requirement of this TOU shall not constitute a waiver of any future obligation to comply with such provision, condition or requirement.
9.8. Equitable Remedies. You hereby agree that CodeHatch would be irreparably damaged if the terms of this TOU were not specifically enforced, and therefore you agree that we shall be entitled, without bond, other security, or proof of damages, to appropriate equitable remedies with respect to breaches of this TOU, in addition to such other remedies as we may otherwise have available to us under applicable laws.
9.9. Entire Agreement. This TOU, including the documents expressly incorporated by reference, constitutes the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the Site and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications, whether electronic, oral or written, between you and us with respect to the Site.
Questions and Feedback